What is VOS?
Vina Online Exam System
What is "Vina Online Exam System" or VOS ?
Vina Online Exam System is a web script which written by CodeIgniter framework, use MySQL for storing all related data.
It uses Twitter bootstrap v3.x for enhancing GUI and supporting responsive design and JQuery AJAX to interact with backend.
The main purpose of this script is for creating online exams and practices.
Users all over the world can take free and paid exams to get some certificates and improve their knowledge with free practices.
Finally,after finish exams,they can view results, even corrects answers and share their best results with friends on Facebooks,Twitter, Google Plus... Moreover, they can download certificates.
There are many more exicting features,you can discover these features later.
What is VOS's main features
Users management (create,insert,update,delete, login)
Categories management (supports multiple-level categories)
Question management (supports 4 types of question with audio,video for each question )
Papers management (a paper is a set of questions,which will used for creating an exam or practice)
Exams management (admin can create,update, delete an exam, assign users to take exam)
Practices management (like Exam but pratice is created for pratising, improving,revising knowledge purpose)
How to setup VOS on your server
- Step 1: Upload VOS script to your host.
+ For example: after extract VOS zip file, a folder may be "vos_ci"
+ Upload this folder "vos_ci" to your host (inside public_html folder or something else)
- Step 2: Create a database on your host , run all scripts in vos.sql in folder database inside folder "vos_ci" to create all tables and necessary data for VOS can run.
- Step 3: Open config.php in folder application\config inside folder "vos_ci"
+ Find this content : $config['base_url'] = 'http://localhost:8080/ci/';
+ Replace 'http://localhost:8080/ci/' with your host URL, may be 'http://yourdomain.com/vos_ci/'
- Step 3: Open database.php in folder application\config inside folder "vos_ci"
+ Find these content :
$db['default']['hostname'] = 'localhost';
$db['default']['username'] = 'root';
$db['default']['password'] = 'root';
$db['default']['database'] = 'exam';
+ Replace with your created database information
- Step 4: Access home page at URL: 'http://yourdomain.com/vos_ci/auth/home_page'
- On home page,fill informaton on login form to login
- There are two roles : Administrator and User
- Login as administrator: user name/password = admin/admin
- Login as user: user name/password = test1/123456
What kind of questions VOS support?
VOS supports 4 kind of questions:
1. One answer : user just can choose only one answer
2. Multiple answers : user just can choose multiple answers.
3. True/false : user just can choose "TRUE" or "FALSE" answer.
4. Fill in the blank : user choose a set of answers to fill in the blank in the question.